Top 10 2014 New Year's Resolutions for Improving Your Company's Website
Did your website generate the volume of leads this year that you expected? What do you plan to do differently in 2014 to maximize your investment in Web marketing and drive more business?
In the new year, we at PMSI Direct encourage businesses to seriously consider adopting one or more of the following resolutions. The resolutions you select should be unique to your business and budget, but these goals make sense for just about any company of any size.
Schedule your free evaluation
- Set business goals for 2014. Planning to expand into a new geography or area of your industry? Targeting a new type of customer? Want to be considered a thought leader in a particular area of your industry? Setting specific goals will help you align your website to achieve those objectives.
- Ask an expert. Once you identify your business goals, request a consultation and determine a comfortable budget (earmark usually 2 – 5 percent of monthly budget as a minimum spend). If you simply lack the time, consider outsourcing your Internet marketing campaigns to qualified experts like PMSI Direct. Let us grow your business!
- Refresh the content on your website. Stale content and broken links will damage visitors' perceptions of your abilities. Review your website and refresh content. A polished, professional website with timely content is a must-have for any business, regardless of size.
- Incorporate video on your site. Develop an introductory video of the company products and services that showcases your expertise. Post the video on the Web (including YouTube™). Studies have shown that a well-produced video can be a primary factor in a consumer's decision to contact a business.
- Make your website mobile. Ensure your company's website is easily found, accessed and utilized 24/7 by mobile device users. Transform your traditional website into one that's optimized for the mobile Web to drive more potential customers to your business.
- Get listed in and link to online directories. Identify all online directories available for posting your company website. This includes industry-specific portals and social networking sites. Link to these on your website and don't forget to add your company's website to each online listing you post.
- Optimize your website. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) experts can be tremendously helpful in improving online visibility and optimizing a company's organic search rankings. Select a search marketing team that offers transparent and results-driven metrics.
- Make better use of social media. Maximize your website's visibility and drive more clients to your business by competing in a space that generates half of the Internet's online conversations. Craft a solid, comprehensive, manageable social media presence that includes a blog page and profiles on major social sites, including Facebook®, Twitter® and LinkedIn® sites. Also consider a social "listening" service to ensure you monitor your reputation in social media circles.
- Engage in pay-per-click advertising. No company is too small to reap tangible benefits from pay-per-click campaigns. Ensure your marketing experts select appropriate keywords, based on analysis, that are geographically and topically suited to your business. This strategy helps favorably position small companies to directly compete with larger companies in your market.
- Be more responsive! While your Internet marketing team brings in qualified leads, put a system in place to respond to each one. Make a phone call, send an email in response to an inquiry or schedule a meeting. Keep these leads in a simple database so when you're ready to send the first newsletter from the company, clients and prospect lists are easily accessible.
How will your company focus its online marketing strategy to drive more business? Is your site optimized to promote the areas that matter most to your clients and prospects?
PMSI Direct has specialists ready to help you make informed decisions about your website marketing objectives for 2014. Your free website evaluation will enable you to:
- Compare your site with competitors'
- Evaluate whether your site uses the latest best practices
- Learn how to measure website ROI
- SEO review
- Social media recommendations
To schedule your free evaluation today, please call PMSI Direct at 800-238-1316.